Let's Change How We Age
Your health and how you age are dependent upon certain factors:
1) Genetics ---visit your doctors regularly to stay ahead, document your baseline and address what needs to be done. Don't skip on preventative measures.
2) Environment--- a clean living space and having outdoor options can impact your mood and level of mobility.
3) Internal will power--- having a routine of physical and mental tasks to enjoy each day.
4) Daily movement--- living life and doing errands can be more work than exercise but strength training is a plus!
5) Food--- even if your appetite declines, ensure that you feed your body the protein and veggies it craves.
6) Rest Appropriately---- if your sleep is interrupted at night, adapt your sleep routine (and seek a pelvic PT !). Keep a day/night circadian rhythm, time your naps if necessary.
Janet Dee, PT 9/14/2022